Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall

Well, it has been exactly a month since my last blog post.  I haven't been very productive with the whole blog thing.  I absolutely love reading other people's blogs, and hearing what is happening in their lives.  I just have the hardest time thinking about what I should say or what people want to hear.  So, I don't write.
Last month, I was extremely stressed out.  I was freaking out about my future and I didn't know what direction I was headed in.  A month later, and I can say that I am stress free!  I began to channel out my stress and stay super busy instead.  This has helped me a lot, and I am no longer stressed.  Well for now at least.  I am sure things will get more stressful once I graduate from SLCC.  Getting a career, and deciding what you want to do with the rest of your life is simply n.o.t. f.u.n.

But, I would like to tell you about a really neat opportunity I had a couple of weeks ago.  I don't mean to brag about my Grandma or anything, but she is an incredible lady!  A couple of weeks ago, she received the Child Advocate award of the year.  There was a very formal event at the Grand America Hotel.  My dad and I were able to go and be with her while she received the award.  I was really excited because we got to dress up all fancy.  I don't think that I have dressed this fancy since high school dances!  It had been awhile!  There was a dinner at the event, along with a live auction.  It was a very special night and I was very proud of my Grandma.  I was overwhelmed as I watched my Grandma receive her award.  Hundreds of people in the crowd stood for her and cheered.  She is a remarkable woman.  I hope to be just like her when I am a Grandma.
 





And, I recently had Fall break!  I was able to go to St. George with this girl:

 There were about fifteen of us all crammed inside one household.  It was such a fun trip!  We stayed up late and partied during the days!  I don't think I got much sleep, but it was definitely worth it.  One of my favorite things that we did was we went to a cave where we splattered glow stick liquid everywhere.  We splattered it on ourselves, and on the walls of the cave.  It was unreal!  We played hide and seek, and it was so crazy because we blended into the cave surroundings.  While hiding, if you did not move, you looked like a rock.  It was so cool!  We also went to Zions national park for a day.  We hiked Weeping Rock, and to the Emerald pools.  My favorite part of this day was that we were able to meet people from all over the world.  It was fascinating to see all the different types of people that had traveled thousands of miles to see national parks in Utah.  I think that I might take the national parks for granted.  My new goal is to hike more often and take advantage of the beautiful surroundings that Utah has to offer.  Especially the mountains.  Speaking of mountains...
the leaves are changing, and I couldn't be more happy.  I LOVE fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment