Friday, March 25, 2011

A Blessing

Everything happens for a reason...
And everything seems to fall into place when you are doing the right things.
Since we have been in China, we haven't been able to take the sacrament on Sundays.
We aren't allowed to talk about our church with anyone.
Even though this is the case, each Sunday we have gotten together as a group and have had a devotional.

About a week ago, two girls in our group were waiting at the bus stop.
They had missed the bus that they were going to take and we were waiting for the next stop.
As they were waiting, a man pulled up in his car and rolled the window down.
He was American, and began speaking to them in English.
He asked them if they were ILP teachers, and they responded yes.
He then asked them if they were from Utah, and the responded yes.
He asked them if they were Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and they responded yes.
It turned out that the man happened to be the First Counselor in the Bishopric of the Shenzhen ward branch.
Shenzhen is located about an hour away from where we are living.
He had been looking for our group for the past couple of months.
He was in Zhongshan for the weekend for work and was on his way back to Shenzhen.
He had gotten on the freeway and had the feeling that he needed to turn around and try and find us.
He had no idea what we looked like, and was just looking for Americans.
It absolutely amazes me that he found us. 
We are going to be able to now take the sacrament on Sundays and I couldn't be more grateful.  

I am living in a country, where they don't even know who God is.
But I know who God is, and I have faith that he is with me at ALL times.
The gospel may not be here in China yet, but I can make sure that I still feel of the spirit.
While I have been here, my testimony has been strengthened immensely. 
I have become closer to my Heavenly Father through prayer and scripture study.

In Matthew 19:26, it reads.. "With God all things are possible.."


1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, you probably didn't even know I read your blog but I do. This post made my day. Thanks for sharing cause seriously I needed to read this. Sounds like you're having a wonderful experience. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete