Sunday, March 20, 2011

Looking at the Positive

Last week, I was told that our teaching schedule would be changed.  I would no longer teach my home group class.  Our home group class, is the class that we spend most of our time with.  Even though we teach four different classes a day, our home group class is the group of kids we are in charge of.  We start each day with this class and we end each day with this class.  I was pretty upset because I grew to love the children in my home group.  It was no longer awkward, and the kids were just barely starting to get to know me.  We were able to have a good time with one another and they seemed to enjoy the way that I taught them.  The children in my home group were all very smart.  They speak English pretty well and understand when I speak English to them.  Things were starting to flow, and I liked the pace that everything was moving towards.  I thought that I would still be able to see my kids and that I would still get the chance to teach them.  However, this was not the case.  I no longer will be teaching them at all.  Instead, I am getting put to be the head teacher of another class in Grade 1.  The class sizes were too large and the teachers decided that they needed to split the classes up.  The classes will now be smaller, which will be easier to manage.  We start tomorrow in our new classes, and I am a little nervous.  My new home group is more difficult to manage and the kids don't speak English as well.  The new transition will be hard at first but I have decided that I am going to try and look at the whole situation in a positive perspective.  Everything happens for a reason, and there is a reason that this change is taking place.  I am going to develop the same love that I had with my other home group with my new home group.  I will teach them the best way that I can.  Here is a picture of my old home group!  They all love to flash the peace sign when they pose for pictures,  I am not sure why this is the case.  It just makes me laugh. 

  

1 comment:

  1. in china, the peace sign is actually representing a "V" for victory. so when they do a "V" sign (peace sign), it's like saying "yeah! we're winners!" similar to the american thumb's up.

    ReplyDelete