Thursday, March 31, 2011

Let's play a game. Its called 'You know you are in China when.'  This is how it goes...

You know you are in China when:

1.  Crossing the street is real life frogger, and driving is real life mario kart

2.  You are forced to swallow a chunk of fat WHOLE because you don't want to offend those who prepared dinner for you

3.  Everything smells the exact same, and it isn't a good smell

4.  You look and act like a tourist

5.  Everyone stares at you

6.  You can't read any of the signs, food labels, newspapers, magazines, etc

7.  You can buy a new release DVD for only 44 cents

8.  Peanut butter is the best treat you can have, and you put it on everything

9.  You can pick up single grains of rice with chopsticks

Things I thought I was going to miss before I left:


My little car

My phone

My hair blow dryer/ straightener

Our dog, Tobey.

Things I actually miss:

My family

My friends

My bed

Carpet

Real Cleaning supplies

and a Cafe Rio Salad

BUT would I ever trade this experience for the world??  Absolutely not!  I am having the time of my life.  This is one of the best thing I have ever done in my life!!

Oh by the way, I was joking about Tobey.  I guess that I sort of miss him.   

1 comment: