Friday, April 22, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

Yesterday was a good day. 
I got my package from my family!!
It came at the perfect time and it made me extremely happy!
I am so grateful for my dear mom who got everything together for me! 
Inside my package was:
  • Sandals
  • Girl Scout cookies
  • POP TARTS  (I have been craving these, especially brown cinnamon sugar)
  • Oreo Cakesters
  • Crackers
  • Fruit Snacks
  • Trail Mix
  • Gum
  • And LOTS and LOTS of candy
I think we have enough candy to last us an entire year! 
We also got a package from Katie's mom.
My package + Katie's package = pure happiness. 
We LOVE moms! 

A funny story that happened today: 
Every Friday, Sara, Katie and I teach at a different Kindergarten that is interested in starting the ILP program at their school.
Today, we went to a Kindergarten that was about an hour away from where we live.
We had never been there before and we were excited to see what it was like.
It happened to be a really nice school and the kids were so behaved.  I was impressed!
After we were done teaching, it started pouring rain!
And by rain, I mean lots and lots of rain.
Huge droplets.  We are talking about a couple of inches of water on the street.
Our bus driver, Sparky, picked us up and was going to take us back to our apartment. 
We got stuck in a huge traffic jam, not a single car was moving.
Sparky decided that he wasn't going to sit and wait.
So instead, we ended up driving on the sidewalk.
You heard me correctly... Sparky took  our school bus on the sidewalk!
We ended up driving past every single car that was stuck, for a good 10 or so minutes.    
The best part of it is, no one did a single thing about it.  It was like everything was normal. 
In China there are no rules when it comes to driving. 

AND IN A WEEK FROM TODAY WE ARE HEADED TO BEIJING!!! We bought our train ticket to Beijing yesterday!  Unfortunately, the sleeper seats were all sold out and so we had to buy hard seats.  We will be taking a 21 hour train ride on a seat not a bed.  I guess it is all worth the experience! 

1 comment:

  1. it's definitely a story to tell... mind you, those train toilets are disgusting. i held my pee the entire 28 hours it took us to get back to our apartment toilets! never thought i'd be so grateful to see a toilet/bathroom looking like that.

    ReplyDelete