Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vacation Time!

That's right folks...tomorrow I am headed to BEIJING!  I know my last post was kind of depressing, it was a sad day for me.  But things are looking brighter because we have a ten day vacation.  We are headed to Beijing and then Xi'an.   Within the next week, I will have been to and seen:

The Great Wall of China

Tiananmen Square
The Forbidden City
The Silk Market/ Pearl Factory
A Chinese Acrobat Show
The Temple of Heaven
The Terracotta Warriors


And lots more!  I would keep going with the list, but I don't want to make anyone jealous.

I must say.... IT TOOK A LOT OF PLANNING.  I never imagined how much time, and planning it took to figure out a vacation!  We had to purchase train tickets, bus tickets, find accommodations at a hostel, figure out expenses, plan the details of everything we wanted to see, and so forth...

All I can say is that it will be totally worth it!  I am extremely excited, and a tad bit nervous.  Okay.. maybe way nervous.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment