Monday, May 16, 2011

2 Eventful Days

I recently have had 2 very eventful days. 

DAY 1: On Saturday, a group of us decided to go and visit those living in Guzhen.  There are a group of ILP teachers over there and we wanted to go visit them and see what their city was like.  We hopped on a bus and it took us about an hour or so to get there.  The girls were very nice to us and took us to a place called Washy Washy.  At Washy Washy, we had our hair washed and then our head massaged.  Then, they styled our hair for us.  I have not blow dried my hair for the entire time that I have been in China, and this was the first time that I have had it blow dried.  My stylist did my hair straight and it was crazy for me to see how long my hair has grown since I have been here.  I had no idea that it had grown so long.  It also was weird to see myself with my hair straight.  I was so used to myself with curly and frizzy hair because that is what humidity does to it.  Everyone in our group was in shock when they saw me.  They said that I looked extremely different and that I looked like a completely different person.  Getting my hair done was a lot of fun and it made me want to do my hair so badly!  I can't wait till I get home in America, where I can actually get ready and do my hair again. 

DAY 2: Today, right before we had to go over to teach, it started to POUR!!! and I mean POUR!!!  I have never seen so much rain in my entire life!!  The rain was coming down hard and fast.  I grabbed my umbrella and ran over to the school as quickly as I could.  After we were done teaching, Sara and I grabbed our stuff and started to run towards our apartment.  As we got closer, four very wet girls came out of no where and started to hug us.  The four girls happened to be Katie, Talesha, Shelby and Kendra.  From then on, Sara and I were wet!! I gave up trying to stay dry and decided to just play in the rain.  The rain was a good couple of inches on the road.  There were huge puddles everywhere, and we even could swim in the gutter by our apartment.  A bunch of people were staring and we got a lot of second glances.  I guess people here aren't used to a bunch of American girls playing in the rain.  It supposed to rain every single day until Thursday.  Next time, I will make sure I am not wearing a white shirt.   

 

1 comment: