Monday, May 23, 2011

My Kiddies

Wow!  I feel kind of embarrassed.  I haven't even told you about the precious children that I get to teach every single day.  Teaching is the whole reason I am here, and I haven't written a post about them yet.  I would like to tell you about my home room class.  I teach Grade 1, and there are three different classes.  In the morning, I teach each of these three classes but I am in charge of my home room class.  Because of this, I spend the most time with my home room class.  I love every class, but my students are by far the best simply because they have the best teacher. :)
Kevin
 KEVIN
When I first got here, I was afraid of Kevin.  He was really difficult to handle, and he never listened in class.  He was always goofing off and he really liked to do Micheal Jackson dance moves in the middle of my lesson.  I even had a nightmare about Kevin, and I was afraid to be his teacher.  However, as time has gone on, Kevin has become a really good student.  He is extremely funny and he always makes class enjoyable.  He is also a really good artist!  The other day, the kids were making fish out of play dough and instead Kevin made a pig.  The pig had so much detail, and I was amazed that he could make something like that. 

Tiffany

TIFFANY
Tiffany is very intelligent!  She can speak English extremely well, and she even has conversations with me.  I am impressed at how well she can speak English.  With the ILP method, students are given tokens if they are speaking the correct English for that activity.  Tiffany always has the most tokens and is very proud of it.



HAL
Hal
Hal is a sweetheart.  He is very small and tiny, but is full of energy!! He has the best laugh, and loves to tease with me.  His birthday was last week, and he was so happy!  We sang Happy Birthday to him and he had the biggest smile on his face.  We also let him pick a sticker, and it was like he had just won the lottery.  He put the sticker on his hand, and through out class would point to his sticker and say, "Look teacha! look teacha!"

Jenny
JENNY
Jenny is very quiet and shy.  At the beginning of the semester, she wouldn't speak very much.  However, now she speaks all the time!  I was so happy that she started to talk more, and be more outgoing in class.  She is an extremely nice girl.  In the morning, when she walks in to class, she always runs up to me and gives me the biggest hugs!

Justin
 JUSTIN
aka Ladies man!  Justin has it going on.  All of the ladies are fond of him!  I think it is really funny because he has even told me that I am beautiful!  He speaks English very well, and he uses it to his advantage.  Justin is always happy!  He has the cutest little grin, and he is always smiling.  Like Jenny, Justin also gives me hugs.  Sometimes he doesn't like to let go, and so I will tickle him until he does.

Lucky

 LUCKY
Lucky was extremely shy when I first came to China.  She hardly spoke English.  In fact, I thought that something was wrong.  We made a new sitting chart, and Lucky changed into a completely different girl.  She now always speaks English and she will even yell the English words.  I am so glad that she became one of the students that now speaks the most.  She is such a cute girl!

Lee
LEE Lee is a stud!!  He is always saving his tokens for store, and he never wants to buy anything.  I show him all of the cool toys that he can buy, and he always decides that he wants to save!  He is a smart boy, learning to save at a young age!  For parent day, all of the parents came and watched their children in class.  Lee was so happy to have his mother in class.  He wanted to make sure that she knew he could speak English.  He was showing off a bit, but he spoke so much English that day!

Dannis
DANNIS   
During this semester, Dannis has been a hard one to deal with.  He has a really hard time focusing in class and he doesn't really pay attention.  I didn't really know how to get him involved.  It took some time, but I think that I have finally figured out how to make Dannis want to participate.  He seems to be more engaged in my lessons and I think that he now cares about learning English.
 
Alice
ALICE
Alice is a really smart girl.  She can speak English very well and she is a very fast learner.  Tiffany is her best friend and they are always with each other.  They hold hands when they walk and they always both have pig tails in the hair.  Alice is also very helpful!! She is always helping my with the other students.  If they can't understand what I am trying to say, Alice will help explain things to them.


Sky
SKY
Sky is a special one.  He is different than everyone else.  No one has said anything to me, but I am pretty sure that Sky has autism.  I have had to learn to become very patient.  I have to take things at a slower pace with Sky when I am talking to him.  At the beginning of the semester, Sky was in his own little world.  He never spoke, and he just did his own thing.  Sky now will try and participate in class.  He will repeat things that I say, and he has opened up a ton since when I first came.  I am so happy about this and I hope that he continues to grow and learn.

I love these kids so much!  I am so glad that I had the opportunity to teach them!  I hope that I have had some influence in their lives, because I know for a fact that they have influenced mine! 

1 comment: