Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Crazy Talk

Today is May 25th!
Do you know what that means??
In exactly one month I will be boarding a plane to Salt Lake City, Utah.
I WILL BE HOME!
That's right... on June 25th, I will be in America.
I have only one month left in China! 
Which definitely doesn't seem like enough time. 
There is a lot that still has to be done, and we only have four weeks to do it all!
  • We have only one vacation left!
  • I still have yet to ride a motor taxi, and eat a chicken's foot...
  • We have to plan a program for 30 students.  Which involves singing, dancing, and MEMORIZING.  And they are performing in front of their parents!  Talk about intimidating. 
  • Go to a movie in a theater, particularly Kung Fu Panda 2
  • Go swimming... which involves wearing a swimming cap
  • Find an attractive Asian man
  • Lastly, have a ping pong tournament! 

Because today is our month mark, we decided to celebrate.  We of course, found ourselves eating at Subway for dinner.  I had a delicious sandwich.  It tasted even better knowing that we have been eating rice every single meal for the past couple of weeks. 

I also received a Chinese name today!  Sara, Katie and I asked Gloria a couple of weeks ago if she would give us one.  She told us that she would need some time and that she would get back to us.  After class today, she grabbed me and told me that she had decided on our names.  The name she gave me was, " Lin zi."  Which means, "Forest beautiful girl." 

It has been a pretty good day. 

1 comment:

  1. dude! you still have not ridden a motor scooter taxi?? dude. forealz. go do some corner standing and get one! only 3 kuai!

    ReplyDelete