Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Silly

For the end of the semester, our students have to perform for their parents.  The teachers are in charge of putting together a little skit, and then we have to teach it to our students.  Our theme for the performance is "Under The Sea."  We have been teaching them songs, and rehearsing lines for the past month now.  Today was the first time that they were able to practice in the auditorium.  It was  a pretty big deal and our students were really excited.  They did pretty good except for the fact that they spoke way to fast!  We will have to work on their lines a little bit more next week before the real performance. The other part of Grade 1 is doing a different skit, and so we were able to watch each other.  We were trying to have our students sit quietly and listen to the others who were performing.  I was sitting by a group of boys, and they were being so funny.  I was trying to have them stay quiet but after a lot of effort, I decided to join in on their fun.  We started speaking Chinese with each other, and they thought it was the most funny thing of the entire life.  I must have been pronouncing everything incorrectly.  They were telling me their Chinese names and we were having so much fun.  We even had a little photo shoot.  They love having their picture taken, and they love seeing the picture even more.  I know that I should have probably disciplined them.  I was the teacher and I should have had them remain super quiet, but I was just having too much fun.  I only have 3 more days with them, and I want to make sure that I make every moment count.  

No comments:

Post a Comment