Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bobby & Linda - My Favorites!

I know it is some what bad to pick favorites, but I have definitely picked a few.  I love all of the students that I teach, but I have made a special connection with some  of the kids more than others.  The two that I am going to miss the most when I leave are Bobby and Linda. 
Bobby
BOBBY Bobby is very quiet.  He has the cutest little grin!  He has had his front teeth missing since we have been here.  I am not sure if they will ever grow in.  When I come in to class to teach, I always poke my head around the door to see Bobby.  He acts as if he is looking for me, and then get's the biggest smile on his face when he sees me.  Bobby is one of the only children that will come and say hello to me while I am eating in the cafeteria.  He will run through the doors, find me at my table and then just stand there looking at me.  I always talk to him, and he simply just smiles and nods.  I give him huge hugs and then he goes on his own way.  A couple of weeks ago, I was teaching arts and crafts.  We were making clothespin people.  The kids thought it was funny to break the clothespins in half.  I tried to explain to them, that it wasn't funny (even though it kind of was) and told them that they would only get one clothespin.   After a couple of minutes, I realized that Bobby wasn't working on his.  He was just sitting in his desk.  I walked over to him, and he said nothing.  All he did was pull out his hands and lying there was his clothespin broken in half.  This just made me smile, and I simply gave him another one.   

Linda
LINDA In class, Bobby sits next to Linda.  Linda is such a smart, clever little girl.  She is always smiling!  She is such a big help in class because she can speak and understand English very well.  Linda is an extremely great dancer!  She loves to show me new dance moves, or tricks that she can do.  Whenever I walk in to class, Linda always runs up to me and helps me bring in my supplies.  Sometimes she will gab my hand and hold tightly as we walk together.  I teach at a boarding school, however, some students don't spend the night.  Linda would be one of those students.  Her grandpa picks her up every single day after school.  I see them often walking past our apartment, holding her grandpa's hand.  The other night, I was walking back from getting some ice cream, and I could see Linda and her grandpa ahead of me.  As we got closer, Linda could tell that is was the American teachers.  I could tell that she was trying to find someone that she recognized.  Immediately, we made eye contact and she ran up to me and jumped in my arms.  I swung her around as she giggled.  Her grandpa looked at me and smiled, because that is all he could do.  There was a language barrier between and we couldn't really communicate with one another.  It made my night that she had ran up to me with open arms. 

These two children are so precious, I wish that I could take them home with me.  Maybe I will have some room in my suitcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment