Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Under The Sea

Our performance is done! 
We spent a lot of time rehearsing with the kids, and now it is over.  
Hours and hours were spent on rehearsing, memorizing lines, and getting ready to perform.
We were told that we needed to put make up on them. 
So we decided to paint bubbles on their faces.
They were dressed up in the school uniforms, and they looked so cute! 

I was so proud of my kids!
They were amazing. 
They sang their songs loud enough and you could understand what they were saying.
The kids all remembered their lines, and spoke them clearly.
Even Sky said his line!
Sky is one of my students, who I believe has autism. 
Justin, another student, has helped so much with Sky the past couple of weeks.
He helped Sky practice his line, he helped him walk to his spot on stage, and he made sure that Sky was taken care of.
It was really good for me to see Justin's patience as he helped Sky.
Justin was Sky's friend, and it made me feel really good knowing that someone was watching out for him.   

It was pretty funny because my group  didn't understand the concept of passing a microphone, so instead "Teacher Lindsay" held it for each of them. 
The performance went wonderfully and they were the best group of sea animals that I have ever seen.

Picture 1: The Performance
Picture 2: Justin with Sky



No comments:

Post a Comment