Friday, June 17, 2011

Wanted: A Dressing Room

I decided that I either:

a. provide really good entertainment
                 or
b.  am a really awkward person

let me tell you why...

Last night we were out shopping at walking street and we decided to go into the sketchy mall. 
The one that I hate. 
The one that I am scared of.
And the one where I got robbed.
 I clung on to my purse as tight as I could.  I wasn't going to let anything happen this time. 

ANYWAYS... I saw this shirt that I thought was pretty cute and I decided that I wanted to look at it.  In China, they don't believe in dressing rooms.  They won't let you try anything on.  This annoys me, because I like to try things on before I purchase them.  I have to make sure that I look good in it.  So because they don't have dressing rooms,  I just try things on over my clothes.  By the time that I started putting on the shirt, a crowd had formed around me.  They must have thought it was funny that I was trying clothes on, or they couldn't believe that they were looking at an American girl.  I eventually got the shirt on, and decided that I didn't like it.  It just didn't look right.  I started taking off the shirt and in the meantime, must have grabbed the shirt that I was wearing.  Because, I stood there with two shirts in my hands and I was only wearing my tight tank top.  Everyone that was watching started to laugh, and I didn't know what else to do but laugh.  My cousin, Sara, was with me and she was dying of laughter as well.

 After re-telling this story, I have come to the conclusion that I must be a really awkward person because this isn't the first time that I have been in a situation like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment